Reelgood For Business Newsletter #5 (July 2022)
In today’s newsletter:
- How current events can reduce your churn
- How Disney+ is winning with weekly releases
- Reelgood data shows the impact of the Emmys on streaming
- Which titles topped the Reelgood charts this week
CEO & Founder
1. How current events can reduce your churn
Current events need to be part of your strategy to reduce churn. Our data has shown that people turn to streaming to help make sense of current events. Highlighting content that explores current hot topics is a great way of engaging users with other facets of your catalog.
When the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, data from our Viewing Insights Product showed a 3X spike in the streaming of content that explored the topic. Among the most popular titles were Reversing Roe, The Janes, and After Tiller.
Click here for the full list.
2. How Disney+ is winning with weekly releases
When Netflix pioneered the all-at-once binge model, it became the new standard. So why do other streamers like Disney+ release one episode at a time? New Reelgood data suggests a benefit to the “old” weekly release model, as seen in this chart.
3. Reelgood data shows the impact of the Emmys on streaming
Variety published an analysis of Reelgood data to understand how Emmy nominations impact viewership and engagement.
Click here to read.
4. What to Watch: Reelgood Streaming Charts
Click here to see which shows and movies topped the Reelgood Streaming Charts this week: Top 10 in Streaming.
P.S. A highly underrated movie I watched last night is The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022) – thank you, Bryan, for the recommendation! Please continue to reply with your recommendations; I always enjoy hearing from folks about their favorite things to watch.