There’s a lot going on in streaming right now, so let’s take a peek beyond the headlines with Reelgood data.
In today’s newsletter:
- Can CODA’s success reduce churn for Apple TV+?
- J.K. Rowling says she’s been canceled, but Reelgood data tells another story
- HBO Max and Discovery+ combined would have the biggest TV library of any major platform
- The Top 10 in Streaming
CEO & Founder
1. After its Oscar win, CODA was streamed 268 times more than the average movie on SVOD
Three Oscar wins are no small feat, but will Apple TV see a bump in retention? This recent WSJ piece used Reelgood data to analyze how hit titles like CODA, The Afterparty, Severance and Ted Lasso could help the streaming service do exactly that.
Click here to read on WSJ.com.
2. J. K. Rowling Says She’s Been Canceled, but Reelgood Data Tells Another Story
The controversy around J.K. Rowling’s comments about trans women didn’t prevent fans from watching the Harry Potter back catalog ahead of the premiere of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, a recent article published by IndieWire shows.
“According to data crunched by streaming aggregator Reelgood…Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them had its best week ever between April 4 and April 10 — it was streamed or engaged with through the platform almost five times more than the average amount for the film, based on data that dates back to December 2019.”
Click here to read on IndieWire.com.
3. HBO Max and Discovery+ combined would have the biggest TV library of any major platform
Insider used Reelgood data to create this analysis, and found that combined, HBO Max and Discovery+ would offer 2,926 TV shows, topping the current leader, Netflix, and more than 3,000 movies, placing them just behind Prime Video and Netflix.
Click here for the full breakdown on businessinsider.com.
4. Top 10 in Streaming
Want to see what millions of Reelgood users are watching this week? Check out our Top 10 in Streaming, as featured weekly in Mashable.
Questions or feedback on this newsletter?
Hit reply. I’d love to hear from you.